Saturday, February 13, 2010

We're Childbirth Educated!

How embarrassing is it to admit that our lives are so incredibly busy that we had to take Childbirth Classes 3+ months before our due date?

We spent the day with 11 other first time parents, learning to swaddle.. burp.. bathe, and flip a baby... along with some fun learning about epidurals, circumcisions, c-sections, and the gory details that go along with it. I have to say I did learn quite a few things... but also can say that many of them made me downright queasy!

We are both baffled at how things have changed from when we were born. No ultrasounds.. epidurals.. or carseats for that matter. Blankets, bumpers, and pillows in a crib are no-no's... but fans in the nursery and swaddling are a must! How on earth did we turn out so normal? I suppose that's to be determined... we haven't started parenting, yet.... But Baxter & Sammy are doing just fine.... :-)

1 comment:

Maeve James said...

Yes, it's funny....you'll be fine I'm sure!