.... My first 'tears at the vet' experience. Yeah, sappy.
Many of you will recall almost two years ago how we rescued "Bethany". Affectionately named by my Goddaughter, Sophia, Bethany was a small little orange and white tabby living outside under a trailer on the property. Declawed.. scrawny.. AND SO SWEET! We fell in love, and although had no intentions of getting a second kitty, she made out hearts melt. Just six pounds we thought for sure she was a baby.. and all we kept thinking was how this sweet little baby kitty was living outside alone..... and it was getting colder...
.. and so then there were two. Baxter wasn't keen on having a baby sister. (OK she's actually about four years or so older but she's still a baby compared to the 16 lb beast known as her brother.)
I couldn't handle the constant chasing.. pestering.. crying.. yowling.... it was a mess.. nonstop running, pouncing, tormenting. We would wake up at 3am to this ridiculous cry, and find her cowering under the recliner where Baxter couldn't reach her. In my mind it was best to find her a home and avoid the constant torture from the beast of a brother. I gave up when Chris put the guilt on me... and slowly.. slowly... I grew more and more deeply attached.
Sammy, as she is now named, is probably the sweetest cat I have ever met. At night, she comes up near our faces in bed before we turn off the lights, says her goodnights with nuzzles to our faces and the loudest purrs you could imagine, and then moves to the foot of the bed where she stays until the alarm goes off. She gives amazing hugs.. both paws on opposite sides of the neck and she clenches you, nuzzling her face in close. What's not to fall in love with?
Yesterday she went to visit Dr. Rachel for an oral exam and cleaning due to some funny eating patterns. After a 6 minute car ride in which she hugged me the entire way, She wouldn't let go of me as I went to give her to the vet tech. And as she curled in close to the tech, shuddering, I cried. The thought of putting her out and making her stay at the day away from the family just made me lose it! Ok and maybe it was pregnancy horomones talking a little bit. I'm quite sure the tech thought I was a lunatic...
Ten hours later we brought her home. Baxter of course thought she was a new kitty since she smelled so differently. Instantly the tormenting began again and has lasted a good 24 hours. But somehow.. it's music to my ears this time.
Welcome home Sammy Sue. Your family missed You :)
XOXO
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment