Thursday, December 31, 2009

Holy Mocktails, Batman!

I'll have to admit that I've missed my cocktails since being pregnant. A glass of vin rouge would definitely make me happy as that's my typical winter beverage of choice... but it would NOT make the congestion happy... so quickly that desire goes by the wayside. And truthfully I'm almost half way there and it's not been TERRIBLE... but I'm bored with water and really craving some new flavors.

My original "fake it" drink when we first found out was Club Soda with extra extra limes. Not sure why, but it was just zippy enough to keep me salivating. And since it looked like a Gin or Vodka tonic, it was easy!

But that's boring, too, and getting old!

So that got me thinking... It's the holidays, and cranberries sound SO yummy! Unfortunately, the store was already sold out of fresh, so I decided to improvise.

I don't measure anything, but here's the jist... more or less of each to taste:


* 2-3T of frozen canned cranberry juice cocktail concentrate (yum, i love this stuff right out of the can. Is that bad?)

* Club Soda (8z or so?)

* A splash of Canada Dry Ginger Ale for some 'sweet'

* Generous squeeze of limes


Voila! It's tart, tangy, zippy... and pretty, too! Think of it as a Sparkling Crantini.... yummy delicious.

Cheers!!!!

1 comment:

Maeve James said...

MMMMmmmmmm that sounds yummy, maybe I'll do that w/ a little vodka tonight!!!