Two weeks down and already Nolan has challenged us to a duel. I'll stay awake all night and fight sleep while you try to get me down. I'll fuss non-stop while you try to calm me... and if you take away my paci, I'll sound an alarm!!!!!!!!! Oh, but I'll nap like a champ during the day just to frustrate you.
We're exhausted, as most new parents are! Enter... the sound machine.. the swing.. hot towels/blankets... gas drops... non-dairy diet... swaddling... shh'ing... rocking... and on and on and on. Mr. Stubborn has a mind of his own -- none of those work. Listen, Mr. Grumpy Pants -- just close your eyes and sleep for about 8 hours, you'll feel so much better! (ha ha ha -- Ok, I can dream!) Despite this challenge, he is doing great. At his 2 week checkup, he had gained a whole pound since his last visit (5 days old) and grown 1/2 inch already.
Introducing Nolan to our life has been fun. He took his first walk to breakfast at BBC (we're regulars there!)... even made his first of many trips to Nordies.
He learned of our family tradition of weekend afternoon "Family Naps" and loved every minute of it. Too bad he doesn't like the idea of sleeping that well at night... Grr..
He's becoming more bright and wide-eyed -- interested in everything around him. He loves to hold up his head and check out everything that's going on around him.
And he LOVES his froggie jammies -- Thanks Josh!!!
More fun coming soon! Until then... ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz....

2 comments:
It will get better. Besides, who needs sleep? He's very cute though. Congratulations again!
Ah.... yes... the lack of sleep. Both my kids were the same way. Ally was awful... then, one day, as if by magic.... she started to sleep through the night.... this happened right around 8 weeks. By six weeks, she was only waking once..... but it took those first "six weeks of hell" before we got there!!!!! Luke was a different story.... we struggled a lot longer with him, but I blame that on being the second child. Your first child will totally be like Ally and turn around between 6 and 8 weeks!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment