Monday, May 10, 2010

Mommy's Day!

As I walked into Whole Foods on Friday, I was stopped by a woman walking towards me.  "Happy Mother's Day to You," she said, nodding down at my belly.

I was stunned.. my first thought, "But I'm not a Mom..."

And then it hit me...  I AM a Mommy.  I'm a Mommy to a 7lb Princess named Sammy -- an orange tabby who loves nothing more than to snuggle next to my belly and bounce while the baby kicks her.   I'm Mommy to Baxter, an 18lb MOOSE (I mean kitty) who thinks he's part dog.  And, most importantly, I'm Mommy to a 6lb Bug, rolling and kicking in my belly every day.

I make sure they are all fed and well-rested.. have regular visits to the doctor, and that they have plenty of play time.  I keep them safe from harms way and protect them with my love and affection.

Yes, I am a Mommy... And it's only going to get better from here.

37 weeks!  Can't wait to meet you, Baby Bug....!

No comments: