Monday, April 5, 2010

Ocho! Huit! Acht! Osiem! EIGHT!

Yeah you heard me.. EIGHT weeks left.  Unbelievable, really.  While Chris thinks this whole thing is "dragging on" (his words, not mine!)... I have to disagree.  I can't believe how fast it's gone.  Such a whirlwind, really.  I will never forget that day at the doctor's office when I was informed of what was about to happen in this belly of mine... and for so long, I had no symptoms so I just "couldn't drink" and was bummed about it. But then.. slowly... things started to change....

...and then there were cheese-it's and cheese-it's alone.  (It was all I could eat for a number of days.)   I think I packed an entire box on a business trip.  And then came the repulsions.  Get anything BBQ or Honey Dijon OUT of my way.. Barf!!!!!!!!  That gave way to the worst allergy/sinus/nonsense ever.  A box of kleenex a week, are you kidding me?  Clearly not.  I slept all day and sneezed all night -- Chris even said "I hope this isn't a sign of what the rest is going to be like.."  I remember waking up in the middle of the night sneezing.  In hotel rooms.. In our own house.. anywhere.  It was the most ridiculous thing ever. 

Second Trimester yielded nothing but a nagging pain in my ribcage when I attempted to lie on my left side which unfortunately has NOT gone away.    My sinuses gave me a break.. my energy level peaked.. and I was feeling alive.  Most days, barely pregnant!  Until of course I tried to sleep........ and that belly got in the way.. or that pain made me remember quite vividly what was happening.

And now, with 8 weeks left, I still hate BBQ and Honey Mustard...   AND cheese-it's, for that matter...  I STILL have a nagging pain in my left side... but I have a whole NEW set of things to think about.  Like, Swelling... contractions... getting up 5 times a night to pee...and feet sticking out of my abdomen. 

Dragging on!?!?!?!  I don't think so.  This is the miracle of life.... Feet sticking out of my abdomen!   He's just jealous.

 

1 comment:

Nicole said...

8 WEEKS!!!! How exciting... I am soooooo excited for you. You are going to be an amazing mom! And yours and Angie's babies will be SO CLOSE! That is so awesome..... good luck girl!